Saturday, 14 January 2017

My current skincare routine*



I've recently found a new love for the brand Dermalogica, and when I was kindly contacted asking if I'd like to try out some of their products I jumped right in with a big fat yes. Dermalogica are a brand in which I've grown to love within the past 4 months due to using their products at college. Their products are tailored for specific skin types, and although any skincare can't completely change your skin type, it can improve it. I just love how wide the range of Dermalogica products are, and how much they have to offer.



I use the pre cleanse to remove the excess makeup off of my face, and also to remove the tiniest of dirt that's stuck on there. It's specifically designed to help remove the excess sebum off of your face that ave been building up on your face throughout the day, which causes blemishes and sometimes comedones. The pre cleanse also allows your pores to be opened, ensuring that the special cleansing gel penetrates deeper into your skin, giving it the cleanse it deserves. I think this stuff works wonders because it removes almost 99% of the dirt on my face, making it clean and ready for cleansing. It feels extremely comfortable on my skin, blending in really well.


I use the special cleansing gel as my main cleanser. This stuff is amazing, and it really does the job of cleansing your skin properly. It's almost as if you can feel it doing it's job right in front of you, and my skin honestly feels so fresh after using this. I also love how lightweight this is, and how much a little goes a long way. I usually apply a small amount onto wet hands, and then lather up. I then use circular motions to give a deep penetration into my skin, ensuring that the product is really working into my skin.

The daily microfoliant is probably my favourite product. I loved playing with this in college, learning the best way to have this and what consistency it should be. This comes in powder form, so you have to add water to create the exfoliating feeling. It shouldn't be too thick, and it shouldn't be too water either. This exfoliates dead skin cells, leaving your skin feeling refreshed, and clean. This, again feels amazing on my skin. It feels great when you're applying it on, as if you can see it working on your skin already. I just love it. 


I've been on the hunt for a good moisturizer for as long as I can remember. I've tried so many, but the majority of them just don't seem to impress them as I never felt the benefit from them. The active moist I've recently been using has completely changed my whole perception. I love how great this is, and my skin feels great after using it. It's designed to help beat dehydration which is great because my skin can become so dry especially around this time.


So, that's my current skincare routine. I'm absolutely loving it, and I'm so pleased I was asked to work with Dermalogica on this one, I don't think I could ever change my skincare routine for the time being. My skin has never felt so clean and happy, and if my skin is happy then I'm happy.

Kay x

*These products were kindly gifted to me as part as a preen.me project with Dermalogica. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and given honestly.




2 comments

© Kayleigh Williams. Design by Fearne.