Wednesday, 10 May 2017

What's in my makeup bag?


My makeup bag has changed quite a lot throughout the years, and I'm finding myself trying out different makeup each time. I thought I'd give you a sneak peak as to what I keep inside my makeup bag. I'm using the Zoella cosmetic bag which fits all my makeup in perfectly, and is so handy to carry around.

Face


I use quite a lot of beauty products on my face as you can tell, but I'm super self-conscious of my natural skin, therefore I try to make it look as flawless as possible. I've been loving the combination of my two favourite concealers at the moment, Collection lasting perfection and Maybelline eye eraser. They both give excellent coverage to my skin and hide imperfections really well which is what you want. The only problem with both of these products is that they don't last as long as I'd like them too which is a real shame but I'm not bothered entirely because I love them both just as much.

For my foundation I've recently been trying out the Rimmel lasting perfection as I've spent so long using my Fit me foundation and it was time for a change. I love it mainly because it gives a medium to full coverage and looks so good with my tan. I do sometimes find that this doesn't last me the whole day which is a shame but it looks good when it's fresh so who honestly cares here?

I use two powders and I've finally become a part of the baking gang. Two months ago I wouldn't have even known what good comes from this but I just can't see myself without using it now. It has been an actual life saver for me and it really locks in your makeup where it's prone to fall off. I picked up the Rimmel match perfection powder and It's been my life at the moment. I would like to eventually venture out and try out the Laura Mercier translucent powder but that's definitely for another day. On top of the loose powder I lock everything in with my usual powder, Rimmel stay matte. It smells divine and works really well.

Eyebrows and contour


I'm most definitely not someone who spends half an hour on her eyebrows, I'm no where near that good! I only actually started filling my brows in daily this year and I just can't go out without anything on them now. I've been using the Maybelline master brow pro palette and I personally think it's amazing. I'm not sure whether this is a popular product but it's so handy for beginners and those who want a bit more control over the application of their brows. You get a wax which is so handy for making sure the brow product actually stays on all day, and then you get a highlighter to highlight your brow bone. I don't use the brow highlighter that much at all even though it's not a bad highlighter if I'm honest.

I've been using the Maybelline master sculpt for a few months now and it's so good considering I don't fully contour my face. It's not the best product I will admit. but it's great if you're only wanting a light contour on your face which is what I go for.

Eyes


Anyone who knows me will know that the Violet Voss holy grail palette is my life. Ever since I won it I've been obsessing over it and I just can't get enough of it. The colours are all right up my street and the formula is insane. I mainly use the shades ploof, cranberry splash and crystal. I've been told a few times that pink eyeshadows really bring out my eyes and where I used to wear a lot of brown eyeshadows I found that it just made my eyes look a big mess and didn't look right on me at all. I'm always using the Maybelline lash sensational as my mascara because there's no fault in it. It's so great and never fails to impress me.

Setting and lips


MAC are possibly one of my favourite brands at the moment, I just love everything about them and they never fail to disappoint me. I've been especially loving how well it's helped hold my makeup on all day and that's all thanks to the Mac studio fix plus spray. I am obsessed with how great this product is and it honestly does the job it's supposed to do. I find that it's best if you apply this before and after your makeup because then it's like a sandwich of makeup. I made that up last month, so the setting spray is the bread and the makeup is the filling (don't even ask.) For my lips I've been using the Velvet teddy lipstick and it's one of my favourites at the moment. It looks so good on the lips and gives a great matte finish. I would really like to try out some different shades though, possibly some summery ones.

Kay xx

4 comments

  1. Uhhh, you're make up is perfect! I used to use the Rimmel Lasting Perfection foundation and swore by it for years! The Maybelline Lash Sensation mascara is SO good I love it!
    Also extremely jealous of you Violet Voss palette!
    If you're ever looking to try new eyebrow stuff, I really recommend Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade. It makes doing your eyebrows so quick and easy and it lasts all day & night!
    Great post! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting to try out the Anastasia dip brow promade but I'm so worried I'll be awful with it! I'll definitely look into it and let you know what I think of it!

      Thanks so much for your comment:)

      Kay x

      Delete
  2. I love that Maybelline eye eraser! So good!

    xx, Melissa
    https://elephantontheroad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is isn't it? Thankyou for reading lovely x

      Kay x

      Delete

© Kayleigh Williams. Design by Fearne.